A few Roblox players are getting Roblox error code 106 when they try to join a game with their friend on Xbox. We cover the solution in this article.
Why does Roblox error code 106 occur?
Roblox error code 106 occurs when the player trying to join their friend is not friends with them on Roblox or Xbox. They need to be friends on both platforms – otherwise this error code will occur.
Here’s how to fix Roblox error code 106:
1) Make sure you are friends on Xbox
This is less likely to be the reason you are getting this error code, but if you are on the Xbox Roblox app and you decide to join a Roblox friend who is also playing on Xbox then you will get the error code.
So you may need to ask the person you are trying to join on Roblox what their Xbox gamer tag actually is.
Once you have the gamer tag then you can add the user as a friend on Xbox.
To then actually add the person on Xbox you need to:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open up the menu.
- Then scroll to the right using the right bumper till you get to “People”. It should only be one move, but it may be different.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the list to “Find someone”
- There will now be a text box and you can type in the gamer tag of the player (your friend) you want to add.
This will then send a friend request to your friend (the person who you want to join their Roblox game) and they will have to accept it for you to become friends.
2) Add the player as a friend on Roblox
You may have seen your Xbox friend is playing a Roblox game and you would like to join in.
And when you do try to join, you get the error code 106.
To fix this you need to be friends on Roblox. To do this, there are few ways. You can either use your Xbox, phone, PC/laptop or any device with a browser or the Roblox app on the device.
Before we get started you will need to ask your Xbox friend what their Roblox username is, so you know who to add. Once you have it you can move on to the next step.
To add Roblox friend on the web version of Roblox:
- Head over to Roblox.com.
- Click on the search bar at the top or it may be a magnifying glass.
- Enter the username of your Xbox friend you would like to add on Roblox and before searching, there are options for where you want to search on Roblox. Ensure you click on “in People”.
- The search result will now return users with that username or a username similar.
- Look for your friend and once you have found them click on “Add Friend” to send them a friend request. Your friend will need to accept this before you are officially Roblox friends.
To accept a friend request on a PC/laptop, your friend will need to:
- Head over to Roblox.com.
- Go to the left hand menu and click on “Friends”. You may need to click on the three bars in the top left to view the menu.
- They will now be on the “My Friends” page. They should select “Requests” and look for yours.
- Once they have found it, they need to click “Accept”. Then you will be now officially Roblox friends.
The process of adding a friend on other Roblox platforms is very similar.
The error code 106 on Roblox is caused when the two Roblox players aren’t friends on Roblox and/or not friends on Xbox.
Make sure your friends on both of them.
This guide should fix the error code.
Read more about GuideRealm here.